Friday, November 09, 2007

Pets galore

We have always loved our Somer, but lately that love has grown. You don't know how your pet will react to a new baby, especially as that tiny, loud child grows into a little person capable of hurting said pet. Well, Somer has been an angel. As she's never been a lap cat with us, I wouldn't say she's been affectionate in any way with Cora - she hasn't "adopted" Cora as I hear some pets do with babies. But, lately she has been coming near Cora more and more, and withstands a lot of abuse. We are working with Cora to gently stroke the cat, but too often Cora hits the cat, pulls her ears or just grabs a handful of fur/skin. Somer takes it in stride. She's never swatted at the baby or even hissed or growled. Once she meowed, but I have to assume that's because Cora was actually hurting her, poor kitty.
In these photos, Somer ended up sitting between me (sitting on the floor, too) and Cora, and stayed put for a while.
Cora, meanwhile, still adores the cat, and smiles when she hears or sees her.
In other pet news, the little video clip shows Cora reacting to Jake, my parents' Golden Retriever. She likes to get licked, and she also likes to watch the puppies play when we go to the mall's pet store. Two sets of neighbors have recently acquired little dogs, and Cora likes visiting with them, too.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed meeting Cora!
Jake