After chatting to Mum and Dad on the video phone Sunday morning, Lisa, Cora and I went to a Medieval Tournament 40 minutes north up the freeway.It was fantastic.
The tournament was put on by the American Jousting Alliance who actually compete at this type of thing. I thought it was going to be a demonstration but it was an actual competition.

The participants showed their skills at sword fighting, spear throwing, archery and hitting the rotationg shield thingy. All the riders were very skilled horsemen and the horses were magnificent.

At the end of the day's sport came the main event. Again I was imagining a gentle demo on jousting, but these blokes went for it. They really went for it!
Riders were dismounted and lances were snapped. No one got really hurt though, which was very surprising.

We all had a great afternoon, including Cora, who caught up on her sleep.
1 comment:
Looked like a good day out Stace, glad you all enjoyed it.
Post a Comment