On Tuesday, Cora and I went to downtown L.A. to pick up her birth certificate from the county health department. (We had to make the trip because we want it sooner than it will be ready from the recorder's office.) Now we can apply for her passport, so we can take our first big family trip to England in May. We've now bought tickets for the journey as well; it will be great to have her meet her English friends and family and for Cora to see her Nan and Pop again.
While we were downtown, we stopped into the county Hall of Administration so Cora could meet some of the people I worked with while I covered county government.
After our big day, we barely left the house Wednesday, and I had my first day where I actually took an afternoon nap and stayed in pajamas most of the day. I have a good reason - a mild fever and headache kept striking off and on. Hopefully I'll be feeling great soon and this won't turn into a full-blown illness.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing these little stories! It so fun to hear what you're up to. What a fun day out!
hello
cant wait to see you. you will have to let me know when your coming back then i can make a trip back from the island. i love checking this keep well all of you and keep story tellinxxxxxxxx lynettexxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment