And, this week, Violet's summer vacation came to an end! My, that felt fast. It always does. Cora has a few more weeks until her college classes start.
Violet got all registered at her online school on Monday. Although it's online, there is a small campus and registration happens in person. She's a sophomore! First day of school was Tuesday. She's taking honors English, honors history, business, PE and algebra 2/trig online; and Advanced Placement art and chemistry in person.This is not a normal position for Evie, so it made me laugh (and grab a photo).Through the co-op I buy our wheat, honey and other goods from, I bought peanuts for our homemade peanut butter.
Seb has been having trouble, urinating in the hallway. It happened enough that I took him to the vet. Turns out he has crystals in his urine, so we've switched his food to a special food for the problem.
We went to Placerita Nature Center Tuesday afternoon, and the rattlesnakes were looking very friendly. Violet talked with Ranger Frank about volunteering at the center.
We have a new store in town that sells Amazon and Target returns and overruns. Lots of random stuff, in big bins on long tables in rows.
The store gets stocked on Saturday, and everything costs $12. The prices drop each day until the cost is $1 per item on Friday.
I went for the first time on Tuesday, when items were $4 each. There was a lot of stuff to look through, but I found these four things. I later looked up their current prices on Amazon: the 8-pack of better-ingredient chips were $16.50; the 20-pack of electrolytes was $16; the bag of caffeinated mints was on sale for $26 (!) and the book was $9. So, I did pretty well!
A sunset walk in Castaic...Also last week, Colleen and I went to see the Cinderella musical at the Canyon Theatre Guild, so we could see Carla (center) as the fairy godmother. Carla has taught Cora vocals for the past few years.
A sunset walk in Castaic...Also last week, Colleen and I went to see the Cinderella musical at the Canyon Theatre Guild, so we could see Carla (center) as the fairy godmother. Carla has taught Cora vocals for the past few years.
Liana stayed at our house with Violet, and Cora took them all to the resale clothing shop and a Japanese bakery.









No comments:
Post a Comment