Friday, July 18, 2025

Day Out: Santa Paula

 Violet and I had a mini summer adventure in not-too-far Santa Paula, the town off the 126 on the way to Ventura.

Months back, I'd heard about a new park near the Santa Clara River, which runs through SClarita and along the foothills here on its way to the ocean. I had the idea that Vi and I could check it out, since we've been very blessed with nice (not scorching) weather since our return home.


It was a bit of a walk from the trailhead, but we found the river. It looked to be a mile wide and three inches deep. (Not really, but it was much wider than I would have imagined.)
Lucky for us, Liana and Colleen were free last minute, and up for the adventure.

We had Mexican food in Santa Paula, and drove through the adorable turn-of-the-last-century downtown. It would have been fun to stop in some of the shops, but we were running short on time.
Later that evening, Stace and I went with Mom and Dad to a Magic employee night at Hurricane Harbor. Because it's actually been not too hot, it wasn't truly warm in the evening - weird situation to have in July. So, I didn't do the water slides, but Stace and Mom had a great time and did all the ones that were open. (At employee nights, they don't have everything open.)

I took these photos to show the results of Six Flags pouring a ton of money in Hurricane Harbor. The refurb looks fantastic! This building is open on the other side, and has the guest lockers.

No comments: