Saturday, February 08, 2025

Week in Review

 Violet has been sleeping on the living room sofa bed, and we're just leaving it out as a bed as we live in a temporary state of flux with the construction and Vi's bedroom a worksite as well. Evie looked so cute when I spotted her tucked in the other day! Neither girl said they'd tucked her in, so she somehow did it herself.
But this guy...

Not as clever.  Here, he's resting on a weird part of the frame of the couch.

We had more rain, and despite our contractor's best efforts, we still had water coming in. Oh, well, that's what we get for doing a project in winter! At least we were already planning to replace the flooring, and the furniture was out of the way.

Also this week, we had a parent meeting with Cora's theater teacher, about the upcoming district theater festival her school is hosting. I've never attended, as parents don't go, but because we're hosting, Jarod needs volunteers! Yay! Her last festival, I'll be thrilled to watch.
Violet and I got to do the Placerita Waterfall Trail on Friday, and the rains meant there was a nice little stream flowing.

Violet and I also went to the archery range and Quigley Canyon this week for PE time for her.

I made use of my Christmas present for the first time - trekking poles! I wanted these specifically for times when we hike around streams, so I can have more confidence in crossing.

Also this week, Cora finished up her 5-week dinosaur class at the college, to complete her science requirement. She got an A! This was despite some stress with our internet not working well, and she and I needing to spend time at Starbucks to use their WiFi on Friday while she completed a test.

And on Saturday, Stace and I went to the funeral for his coworker, who died from cancer at the age of 47. Sad, but inspiring to hear so many speak so well of this man who loved God, loved his family, and lived life to the fullest. 

No comments: