Thursday, August 01, 2024

Wrapping up July

Summer is moving along; the girls are nearly finished with their online classes, Violet is drawing a lot, and Cora and I have been watching the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. She also has been printing mini figures for a new D&D campaign, once she figured out what was wrong with her 3D printer and bought a new screen. She's also attended theater camp this week at school.

On Friday, I went down to Glendale to hang out with this cutie so her parents could have a movie date. She's been taking swimming lessons, and has improved so much! We had fun in her neighborhood pool after walking to Ralphs to fill the time, and spell out the words we could see in the produce section. Her sounding out is coming right along, too.


They are getting a new kitten soon, so I brought the little bed/house that our kittens have stopped using. Gibby seemed to like it.
Ellie and I also created (and knocked over) Magna-Tile towers.

Our Saturday started bright and early with a drive to Torrance for the annual Aerospace Games. 

Stace was captain of the volleyball team, and they didn't do well, but he had more fun playing dodgeball.
It's always a nice day getting closer to the beach and hanging out with Stacey's coworkers, with free food and snacks.

In the evening, we watched a one-man show about old-time baseball legend Christy Mathewson. We've seen this show years ago, and when I learned the actor was putting it on again, I wanted to support it. He does a masterful job portraying Christy, a wonderful human being and believer, and a large cast of characters who interacted with him.

On Wednesday, Kelly invited me out to see UB40 at the Greek Theater in L.A. We started off with dinner at a great place nearby.
The band has gone through different lead singers in recent years, but it was a great show with lots of hits. English Beat, or just The Beat in the UK, opened.
This was my first real concert in years. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: