In between classes, we went to Quigley Canyon for some nature time, and one last go at the archery range. (We figure it'll get too hot for archery soon!)
I dragged the girls with me as we ran errands one of the afternoons, after picking Cora up from her finals. I got a prescription at CVS, and spotted them at the Beanie Boo stand. Oh, my heart! They used to love looking at these, when they both were collecting them as little girls.
On Friday, school was all over with for the year, and Vi and I celebrated with a trip to an art gallery in a private mansion in a very exclusive part of L.A. Frederick Weisman was an art collector and philanthropist, and his home is now open to private guided tours through the foundation he started before he died.
No photos were allowed inside, but we were allowed to take pictures outside. Hundreds of pieces of art, mainly modern, filled the huge house. It was a great tour, even if the art was a bit more modern than our taste.
And it was free - amazing!
I realized after the fact that I should have recognized Weisman's name, as he was the benefactor of Pepperdine's on-campus art museum.
After the tour, we found dim sum for lunch in Westwood, driving through UCLA. It was a great day with Violet.
I dragged the girls with me as we ran errands one of the afternoons, after picking Cora up from her finals. I got a prescription at CVS, and spotted them at the Beanie Boo stand. Oh, my heart! They used to love looking at these, when they both were collecting them as little girls.
On Friday, school was all over with for the year, and Vi and I celebrated with a trip to an art gallery in a private mansion in a very exclusive part of L.A. Frederick Weisman was an art collector and philanthropist, and his home is now open to private guided tours through the foundation he started before he died.
No photos were allowed inside, but we were allowed to take pictures outside. Hundreds of pieces of art, mainly modern, filled the huge house. It was a great tour, even if the art was a bit more modern than our taste.
And it was free - amazing!
I realized after the fact that I should have recognized Weisman's name, as he was the benefactor of Pepperdine's on-campus art museum.
After the tour, we found dim sum for lunch in Westwood, driving through UCLA. It was a great day with Violet.
Cora, meanwhile, was picked up by a friend and went to D&D, and later I took her to her new pool job.
More homegrown (organic of course) blueberries! They are so sweet. I feel very blessed to have these in my own backyard.
OH MY GOODNESS. He is so cute!
More homegrown (organic of course) blueberries! They are so sweet. I feel very blessed to have these in my own backyard.
OH MY GOODNESS. He is so cute!
He jumped in on his own, naturally.
Eloise has been taking dance classes, and on Sunday she had her first recital. It was adorable, of course! The other little one is her bestie, Ezra.










No comments:
Post a Comment