Saturday, April 23, 2022

Week in Review

Violet is still enjoying her Tuesday afternoons at Gilchrist Farm. This past week, she started with a ground archery lesson using her teacher's quiver for the first time. Violet enjoyed having so many arrows at her hip.
It's baby goat season at Gilchrist, and I was lucky enough to actually watch one be born! That was quite an experience for a suburban girl like me! Here, the mama is licking the newborn clean. The sibling, in the foreground, was trying to walk but couldn't keep its feet under him/her, since it was so new! 
 
Another mama and kid pair. There are at least a dozen babies - all so cute!
Spencer sometimes makes it clear he'd like to sleep on the towels, which requires us to remove a few. This week, Seb was on the lower cupboard, meowing. I figured out that he now wanted to try out the linen cupboard for himself. 
It was Melanie's birthday on Friday, and Violet won't be around to go to her party on Saturday. So, we took her home from school and got lunch together at Loaf, which is becoming one of Violet's faves. 
On Thursday night, Violet went to her final Connect 56 event of the year, a Scooter's Jungle playtime. I can't remember when we last went to Scooter's but it had been a while! 

While she played, Stace and I spent an hour or so at a city block party event in Newhall, which was meant to honor the Cowboy Festival, which again was cancelled because of the difficulties planning large scale events. Stace and I went because the Chamber of Commerce was going to be on hand, with its famous peach cobbler! So, we got our cobbler, listened to live music, and posed at one of the photo opps. 

No comments: