Monday, February 07, 2022

Tidbits

Cora's skill in painting mini D&D figurines is now well known among her friends, who are having her paint their minis. Somehow she needs to monetize this! She was commissioned to paint this cool creature by Josh, the dungeon master for their Sunday afternoon games at the game store.
On Tuesday, I met up with my friend Melanie for lunch in Glendale. I keep forgetting to take photos on occasions like this, but since we were walking past the pretty fountains at the Americana shopping center, I made her pose with me. It's always great spending time with a friend you've had for 25 years!
Later, I babysat Ellie while Mel and Nick were working. We walked to a local park and she had a nice time in the swing for well over an hour, while holding Bunny and Garfield. 
On Wednesday, Cora had a minimum day, and we haven't used our Magic Mountain passes in months. So, we headed over for a free lunch (with our pass) and to ride a couple of rides.
Our pass also allows for a free snack (we paid for the privilege up front) - so, Dipping Dots for the win!
 

The post-Christmas rain has greened up the hills on my walking trail very nicely. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very scary figurine Cora i would hate to see him on a dark night ,but you have a
real talent. Love you , Nan and Pop xxxxxxxxx