Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Kitties

I had quite the nature show on my Monday morning walk.

I always keep my eyes open for nature, and sometimes am rewarded with bright blue scrub jays, rabbits, hawks and the occasional coyote, in additional to the frequent squirrels, lizards, doves and crows.

But Monday, I glanced up the hill and spotted what I thought might be a dog carrying something...a squirrel! And wait! Not a dog...a bobcat!
I've heard of bobcats in SClarita, but I've never seen one in person.

I watched this one for a bit, and then realized it was going to cross right behind me. I started videoing, and grabbed this pic while doing so.

Mama cat went up a little gully toward a big oak, and I saw more movement - two kittens! One followed the mama, and the other was up in the tree.


Look at the kitten!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our own cats have been spoiled lately. Violet spent her own Amazon money from her birthday on a new cat watering machine, that filters the water and bubbles it up, so it's nice and fresh like out of a faucet.

I decided it would be easier to allow the cats to self-feed, using a dumped out 12-pound bag of cat food. They appreciated the thought.


At Aldi, I picked up this cat toy that has a feathered toy go in and out of different holes, like the old Whack a Mole game.
The boys enjoyed it.

Oh, and in worse news, the sheet over the toy  box is because Spencer keeps spraying it. Ugh.

No comments: