Perhaps because of the weirdness, I made sure we did all the Easter things - we got dressed nicely, took part in worship (online), dyed eggs, had an egg hunt, ate a nice meal and connected with family.
We even had a visit from the Easter Bunny!
And it ended up being a lovely day.
My mom dropped off Easter baskets, and I added a few things to them. Violet and Stace made lemon cookies Saturday, and when Stace noted that he'd love some hot cross buns, Violet got busy with the red icing.
Thanks to a great idea from my friend Jen, I set up a different kind of egg hunt this year. I created a word scramble hunt, with a paper with one letter folded into each egg.
The girls had to find the eggs, and then put them into color groups, and then unscramble the words to find a clue about where their prize was.Chocolate coins to share!
We also chatted with Nan and Pop and Dean, Jenny, Euan and Livi, and the girls were pleased to get some Easter money from Nan and Pop.
These paint markers and stencils were in their Easter baskets, so they did some coloring.
Their eggs turned out so pretty! And our dinner was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.We were "joined" for dinner by lots of friends. Meetings over Zoom have become the rage this quarantine season.
Later, we played Jackbox with my parents and Mel and Nick, using Facebook messenger's video chat feature.
So, all in all, it was a fabulous Easter!










No comments:
Post a Comment