Cora's history class was tasked with coming up with a coat of arms for themselves, with various elements representing who they are. Not every student used wood - Cora likes to go that extra mile, especially for history.Cora did a pretty amazing job.
She says: "The words, 'Vires ex animo' means 'Strong at Heart', and it's written in Latin, the common language of the 6th Century. In the top left corner, there is a Wyvern, the symbol of.ancient Wessex.
"In the top right corner, there are small symbols. The castle means 'protective'. The fire means 'fierce'. The sword means 'warlike', and the star means 'inquisitive.' The griffin means fierceness, courage and leadership. And I also included karate because that is one of my favorite things to do."
Violet's continuing to be creative, too. She made slippers for herself, from two colors of fleece.
We made an after-school trip to Magic Mountain - we hadn't seen Char or Jake for a bit, so it was fun to hang out. These two daredevils did X2, one of the rides I don't like much.
Cora's school is encouraging the students to wear pink on Wednesdays for breast cancer awareness, and the teams get points based on participation. So, though Cora's not much for pink, she's up for participation points!And Violet happened to wear a similar shirt, so I thought I'd grab a photo of them together. This pic shows two happy, loving girls, right? You'd never guess the hassle to make it happen! Ugh.



No comments:
Post a Comment