Sunday, March 10, 2019

Friday and Saturday Fun

 Now that we're officially a Marvel Family, Cora and I were very excited to watch Captain Marvel when it opened. Violet decided she'd rather wait to see it at home, so we took Jake and Charlie with us. Char is there - look hard.

We loved this movie! What a great, strong female lead character.

The boys came over to play after the movie - these three have so much fun together.

 Cora finished her frame project, and we printed pics to put in them - her favorite friends! Vivian on the left, Violet on the right, and Jake and Char in the middle.
Friday night, I met up with my mom and dad at our new music venue, the Canyon, and watched the veteran star Gordon Lightfoot perform his hits. I grew up on his music and saw him 20 years ago, so it was special to see him again.

My dad took the photos for the Canyon - what a great shot, Dad! Thanks for working for free tickets for us! Gord sounded different from his heyday of course, but performed ably and had a great presence.
On Saturday, Stace, Violet and I drove up to Santa Barbara so Stace could stop in at Moss Motors, an MG parts manufacturer and showroom. He'd bought something a few months ago that wasn't quite right. 

After making the return, Violet and I went to the Santa Barbara Zoo, while Stace went to a drag racing event.



 Vi and I had a lovely day together! (Cora was spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and doing an aerial class.)
 The Fennec Fox was awake! So cute.
Sliding down the hill is always fun at this zoo.

 On our way back home, we met up with Michelle, Rob and Brooke in Ventura for dinner. After eating, the dads and daughters played around, doing track and field activities.
 Always good to see Michelle!
Quite a long jump, Stace! He and Rob always have a good time together, too.

No comments: