Sunday, June 03, 2018

Week in Review

I introduced the family to an old SoCal favorite, Thrifty ice cream, which is available at Rite Aid drug stores.I grew up walking down to our local Saugus Rite Aid, where I could buy a single scoop for the change in my pocket - 35 cents. Now, a single scoop is $2 - still a bargain.


Thursday was the 31st of the month, and Baskin Robbins offers a special promotion of $1.31 scoops every 31st day. We wouldn't have necessarily gone out for ice cream twice in two days, but we learned from a friend that our Stevenson Ranch shop was closing later that night.

Noooo! So many memories here! Our Tuesday ice cream nights have been special for us for over 8 years, beginning before Violet was born.



 On Friday afternoon, we went to Juliana's house and had a great visit. That evening, after dinner Cora had a last-minute change of heart and wanted to go to the school dance. It was sweet watching my tomboy get ready, in a dress, no less. She had fun with Jake and Charlie; in this photo is Jake and another 5th grade boy, D.J.

On Saturday evening, I went to a Mom2Mom ladies' night in, at Morgan's house. We painted flowers on a canvas.
I forgot to post these a couple of weeks ago - the McTeacher Night at McDonald's was a hit, as always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of you all, Nooooooooooooo they can't close that ice cream shop :(.
Love you all Lots Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxx