Violet sent her "Flat Violet" to Sara and Tony, who were amazing hosts. Flat Violet went everywhere, even to Sedona with Sara's parents.
Here's Violet's habitat diorama, a significant spring project for the first-graders. Violet chose to focus on the rainforest; I love her drawings, all based on how-to videos on the internet.

We've already discussed Cora's big spring project, her miner's museum box and written autobiography.
On the right is another writing/art project of Cora's. The students chose a "special person" to draw and write about. It makes my mama's heart happy to read her kind words about Violet, which included, "The most important thing about Violet is that she cheers me up really quickly. ... Violet has influenced me to be a better person by showing me to take things a lot easier."
On the left is Violet's self-portrait and statement: "When I grow up I want to be an artist because I can draw pictures and paint. I will make $10 for each painting. Who am I?"
Lastly on the school event front, Cora was one of the MC's in the Variety Show on Friday. This is normally reserved for 6th graders, but they were short on help and opened it up to Student Council members.It was wonderful seeing Cora and Emily on stage together one last time. Emily helped as an MC, and she also performed a killer version of Tomorrow from Annie.
Here's a couple of talented, beautiful girls! Maybe next year, Cora will sing, too. We need to think of something for Violet to do, too. She loved performing her jump-rope routine a year ago, but couldn't think of any ideas this year.




No comments:
Post a Comment