On Friday, I had my final, FINAL Muffins with Mom experience, as Violet participated in her bonus-year Mother's Day event as a first-grader.
The firsties watched as the kinders performed the traditional (adorable) Mother's Day songs. I was sure I wouldn't cry this time, since I used up all my tears last year when I thought it was my last Muffins with Mom.
Then, the firsties took the stage and read a beautiful poem in unison - almost; Violet was a half-beat ahead of everyone else.
And they then read out why they love their mamas - "You're a fantastic mother," Violet told me.
I nearly kept those tears in check!
Violet had all her classmates, and even our cats, sign her special card for me. And I received coupons good for breakfast in bed, "24 hours of pace," and a free lunch.
Yes, please, to all three!
Later that day, my friends and I put on the Bingo Night we've been organizing for the past few months. We set up the room after the noon dismissal, and then Cora and Violet went to Sophia's house for a party/playdate.
We returned in the evening to finish setting up, and by 6 p.m., we were off and running. We served an Italian meal to a near-capacity crowd of more than 140 students and families.
The bingo went well, we gave away a lot of prizes, and we raised a good amount of money for the school. All in all, it was a rousing success.
Here's (most of) the team - our Bingo caller, Jeremy; Maria, me, Jen, Rachael and Cathy. The friends next to me were amazing, and though I was nervous about chairing an event for the first time, they all helped it come together.






No comments:
Post a Comment