Saturday, September 24, 2016

Raging Waters and Map Making

 
On Sunday, we made what's becoming an annual trip to Raging Waters for the company picnic my dad's old union puts on.

The food and drinks are always good and plentiful, and the girls love the water rides and slides. That makes up for the hour drive there and back.
Cora had a lot of fun on the body boarding wave machine.
 I am one of the room moms in Cora's class this year, and so I was asked to help out Friday when her class had a special project. Cora's teacher, Mrs. Shafarman, is amazing, but she doesn't use parental help on a regular basis. Sad for me! So, I was very happy to be able to help out Friday.

Cora chose to stay in at recess to help make the dough for the project - a topographical landform map of California.
 Each child pressed the dough onto the cutout map, and added the mountain ranges. Next week, they'll paint them. What a great way to learn and remember what could be a boring subject matter!
We had Sophia over Friday afternoon, and I took them to Pizza Hut to use the free kids' meal coupons they all earned a few months ago from reading.


No comments: