Monday, May 09, 2016

Getting Smart for Mother's Day

 Stace and I had an all-day date day on Saturday, at an event called the Smart Conference that I'd been looking forward to for six months.

It was a daylong seminar in downtown L.A. put on my Dave Ramsey, my favorite financial guru, with lots of speakers talking about all aspects of life - money, marriage, parenting, retirement planning, etc.

We had a great time and learned a lot - and on the way home, stopped in Pasadena to have dinner at La Grande Orange, with this lovely server! Stace wore his glasses to look "smarter" after the Smart Conference.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and we celebrated by taking a walk together in the canyon in the neighborhood behind our house.
 A scooter thief struck on our way back home. Stop, Thief!!!
 We returned home to find this "lovely" sign. I'm blessed to be their mother, especially on Mother's Day. I had a nice collection of handmade gifts and cards, too.
In the early afternoon, I went out with my parents to a winery in Agua Dulce, treating my own mama to some quality adult time together, and a wine tasting. Thanks, Dad, for driving!

1 comment:

SomersetJen said...

This is rather fabulous, and is prompting many conversation points in my head. Such as:
> Someone is at La Grande Orange who I thought was no longer there...
> Something about the angle/cropping of your front door photo makes you look very big. :)
> You are financial geniuses who don't need more help, silly!
> Is that your lularoe top with your Mom?