Friday, April 01, 2016

Spring Break, Week 1

On Tuesday, Cora woke up at Sophia's house, where she'd had a sleepover. She had a nice playdate, while Violet and I baked and organized.

On Wednesday, Violet went with Grandpa, while Cora and I had a Mommy-big girl date. We had lunch together and then met Aunt Patty at Passages, a traveling museum focusing on the Bible.

We went to the museum in November, and now that it's about to close shop and eventually move to a permanent home in Washington, D.C., Cora wanted to take one more look. I was happy to oblige, and take the opportunity for some time with my big girl.

She checked out the children's area for a while, where kids could dress up like Bible characters, among other educational amusements.



We also looked at all the other exhibits, but no photography was allowed. We saw countless ancient copies of the Bible in a variety of languages, and Cora was able to write using a quill and ink, and make a stamped copy of a page on a Gutenberg's press.

That afternoon, Cora had a game, and Aunt Patty was able to watch Cora pitch and hit. Her team won, their fourth win. The Ducks are definitely playing better in recent weeks.

On Thursday, Violet had a doctor's checkup, and we ran some errands. The weather was gorgeous, so we dined alfresco for lunch. Lunch with my girls is something I miss now that they're at school.
On Thursday evening, Stace and I left the girls with Grandpa and Grandma, and took Melanie and Nick's new headboard to their home.

Looks amazing, doesn't it? My husband can do anything!
On Friday, we went out to the San Gabriel Valley to visit friends. We first stopped at Melanie's house, where the girls played with Heather and Sienna, and I got to hold newborn baby Andrew. Such fun to hold a tiny one again!

We then went further east, where we met up with JT, Callie and Jonah.
We met them at a park with a playground, hiking trails and a nature center. Here, the girls are feeling skins that snakes have shed.
We then took a mile hike around a beautiful trail full of flowering cactus plants.

After that hiking, we needed something icy to drink - 7-11 slurpees were perfect! I promise that Callie and Cora were pleased with their frosty treat!

We returned to SClarita in time for Cora to go to Hits and Hot Dogs at Coach Cory's house.

So, our first Spring Break week was a lovely combination of time at home and fun with friends.

No comments: