On Saturday, I woke up to a nice birthday breakfast, gifts and cards.
Midday, we got dressed in layers and our wellies, braved the drizzly weather and headed up to Ham Hill.
Stace had bought lunch at the Martock bakery, so we had a picnic of pasties, with a boulder for a bench.
In a nearby field, we checked out a replica of an Iron Age round house. Ham Hill was home to a community of people in 750 B.C.
Trudging through mud is fun when you have your wellies on. Stace, Cora and I all bought wellies while we've been over.
Stace is pointing out the Iron Age earthworks, a simple fortification still visible today.
Violet loved seeing the sheep grazing near us.
We walked way around to the girls' favorite part of the park, where we played a family of hide and seek through the huge stones.
Later in the evening, Sue and Gord had all the children, and Stace and I went to the Lime Kiln for dinner with Dean and Jenny.
It was a very relaxed, enjoyable night for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment