Monday, October 07, 2013

Long Weekend


On Sunday afternoon, Stace replanted a back planter, moving plants around according to their size so the big ones stop blocking the sprinklers.

He and the girls put in some winter color, and the girls had a pack of pansies to put in their fairy house area.

I spent the time indoors, going through boxes of clothing. Cora found these Hello Kitty pajamas, loved them, and needed to wear them. Never mind the October warmth; she just rolled up the legs and arms.















On Monday, Cora had a random teacher in-service day off. It was so nice to have a quiet morning at home before we took Violet to Terrific Tots!

During Tots, Cora and I worked hard to tidy up the house, and then we picked up Violet and went to the park to meet Daddy at lunchtime.














When I left the workforce, Stace and I had nice ideas of meeting for lunch on a regular basis. They haven't exactly come to fruition, but at least we have the option.

 During Violet's rest time, Cora and I made a big batch of pumpkin-apple muffins. She was so happy to help, and now she is truly useful in the kitchen.

 That night, the girls and Stacey were being silly together after dinner. Lots and LOTS of happy laughter.

With our strong-willed girls, we have our share of tears and angry emotions; but boy, the laughter, hugs and love do make the hard times worth it.

No comments: