Friday, April 27, 2012

Time without Daddy!

 This week, Stace went to Illinois for a few days for work - two nights and three full days, to be exact.

It was the first time he's traveled for work since Violet was born, and therefore the first time I've been on my very own with the girls for three full days.

To have a little fun, on our first night, we went out to dinner.
 You probably have already guessed that I had a coupon! Chilis offered up to two free kids meals with the purchase of one adult meal. Bingo.

Between a meal out and my church Life Group, we were busy from naptime until bedtime Tuesday.
 Wednesday was full too - Violet and I got Cora off to school and then went to her My Gym class. After school, we had lunch at the church coffeehouse, and then it was home for nap. After nap, we had dinner and then headed to Pioneer Club. It was Stacey's turn to work in the classroom, so I filled in and Violet played on the floor (and enjoyed her snack).
 On Thursday, we went back to the coffeehouse for storytime, with Auntie Mel's friend Mariana doing the reading. She's very engaging and makes it fun for the little ones. Plus, there's free snacks and drinks and a craft!

After nap on Thursday, we went to Cora's soccer class with the Roberts, and Genia provided dinner after. Then, on to bed for the girls, while I waited for Stace to return. He had a very good trip, and it was great to see him again.

No comments: