Tuesday, November 15, 2011

While the cats are away...

Cora and Violet had a great weekend with Grandma and Grandpa while Stace and I were in Long Beach.

They went to Chuck E. Cheese, McDonalds, the Festival of Trees Christmas event, the mall play area, and Bridgeport to feed the ducks. My mom also did some crafts with the girls, and they visited a Christmas boutique.

On Friday night they all spent the night at our house, and on Saturday night they all slept at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Violet and Cora slept well at our house, and at Grandpa's house, Violet did great. She slept all through the night, even with her sister next to her, crying on two occasions because of more leg cramps.

Thankfully, there were no tears about me and Stace being gone.

On Friday morning, I told Cora I'd miss her when we were gone, and she declared, "I won't miss you! I never miss my mom and dad!"
Later, when we were about to get in the car, Cora said quietly, "I will miss you. I was just kidding."

A few more Coraisms, while we're on the subject: "I wish I was a raccoon. Then I could hang out in a den and be dirty. I really do wish that! And eat worms and bugs."

"Mom, are you 52? ... No? Well, when you're 52, you'll be taller."



And later, trying to carry a load of toys, "This is too hard with two hands. I wish I had eight hands like an octopus."

Stace reports the following line, said matter-of-factly: "Dad, I'm not saying I don't like you. But I really like Mummy."

And a Violet story. When we got home Sunday and were looking at our weekend photos on the television, I overheard a suspicious noise coming from the kitchen.

I found Violet helping herself to soup from the pot. I guess the macaroni and cheese wasn't enough dinner for her! Cora had used her chair to serve herself macaroni, so Violet just hopped up and started eating.

Thank the Lord the burners were off and the food was cooling. We were trying hard not to laugh but it was pretty funny to see Violet standing at the stove, eating away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who did you say was cooking Thanksgiving dinner?! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Who did you say was cooking Thanksgiving dinner?! Love Mom