Monday, October 10, 2011

The week in photos

A look at our week, through photos...

One evening, Stace and the girls played with play-doh. It was Violet's first time and she enjoyed it for at least two minutes. Cora, who's clearly been dressing herself this week, had fun for a while longer.
We had lunch with Grandpa one afternoon, and when Auntie Mel came home from work, she gave Violet a ride around in the laundry basket. Violet thought it was fantastic.

On Friday, we met our friends at the park for a picnic lunch. Here are Mackenzie, Ella and Cora.
And thanks, Jaimie, for getting this adorable shot of Violet playing peekaboo.
I probably say this too often, but it is so fun to watch the relationship between Cora and Violet grow and blossom. Here, I was making oatmeal for breakfast and Cora was snacking on raw oats (a little weird but at least it's healthy). She was sharing with Violet, giving her some oats too. Yes, a lot ended up on the tile, and then Cora was happy to sweep and vacuum them up! I love this photo because it is the first one (ever) where I asked Violet to smile, and she gave me a cheesy grin.
After church on Sundays, Cora enjoys her doughnuts. And now, Violet does too. We've started letting her have her own doughnut hole, and boy, does she love them! Afterwards, they both loved playing on the grass with the other children. Violet is growing up so fast.

Later on Sunday, we went to the pet expo "Bow Wows and Meows." Or, as we called it, "Woof Woofs and Aggums." See, Cora just didn't understand why people think dogs say "bow wow." And, Violet has taken to calling all cats (and some other animals) "aggums." It's the evolution of her early word for the noise cats make.
Anyway, she loved seeing all the dogs and aggums at the pet expo.

Finally, I give you the howling that overtook our car Sunday as we drove around. Please excuse the horrible picture quality. We got a new "little camera" this week, and it took some great photos as you can see above, but I'm not sure why the videos are coming out blurry. Still, the point of this video is the noise, which is coming out loud and clear.

No comments: