Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boring, and some videos

After all the excitement and quick progress during our official Kitchen Week, the past week was very normal.
A tad boring.
Kind of like the day after Christmas (or the day after Boxing Day, I suppose!).

On the positive side, I had a friend and her little boy Ezra over for a few hours. We had a nice time catching up, and Ezra and Violet played very well. They were hospital mates, born just a day apart.

Stace and I both worked on kitchen projects during the week. I cleaned out things to get them sorted and put away, and Stace worked on the million-and-one little things that remain.

I'm happy to report that the living room is now free of boxes of kitchen gear! We are just about ready to move the old cabinetry out of the dining room and into the garage.

I also went through my shoes and the girls' shoes. See? Boring. But I thought I'd photograph it for posterity. I picked out probably six or seven pairs of my own to shed, mostly loafers and shoes I used to wear to the Valley Press in my former life. And I went through the boxes of shoes for Cora and Violet, to pull out what will now fit them and better organize the rest.

Yes, we have nearly as many pairs as Payless.

Finally, since the above is all so very boring, I leave you, my dear readers, with videos of Violet talking (she has at least a half-dozen words now) and Cora playing her favorite Nemo Finding game with her favorite orange plastic fish.

Cora is pretending she is the little girl in the movie, who is coming to get Nemo and take him to her home. She reenacts this particular scene many times per day, and is often needing a different bag, or a different twist-tie to close the bag, to keep Nemo in.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Good Violet your'e a clever girl. Love you Lots Nan and Pop.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Cora We like the way you shake Nemo up Wonder if he gets sea-sick though,Ha Ha. Love you Lots Nan and pop xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-jt- said...

You can't fool me! I know your life isn't boring!