Cora helped him inventory the 30-plus boxes, and then after careful inspection, he set up the cabinets in the garage similar to how they will look in the house.
All the shelves in the lower half - from which Stace is peeking - are the roll-out trays. (Can you see my big grin as I think about that?)
We also bought a new dishwasher this week. Sears was having a great sale when we did some looking over the weekend, so we took the plunge on a Kitchenaid.
It's waiting for pickup, so no photos, but you can click the above link if you want to see what we selected.
And we have pretty much made our decision on the backsplash tile. I went to a local tile store in Newhall - whoa, what a selection - if you can't find something you like there, it doesn't exist! I was able to take home four options, and we think we'll go with the 1x4-inch green/cream/brown mosaic in the bottom left sample. You can see it closer up by clicking here.
Money plays a role here, of course - I love the option on the bottom right, but it costs 3 times the one we're leaning towards! Since we need about 20 linear feet of backsplash, that makes a big difference.
As I type, Stace is preparing to install more drywall. Over the weekend, Keith came by to help him solder the copper pipes for the refrigerator. Stace also moved the gas pipe for the stove a couple of inches.
5 comments:
Ooooh! Reading that makes me excited for you! LOVE the backsplash you guys are going with! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Good job you have that big garage, the larder looks very good and we like the colour of the wood. Bet Stace can't wait to get started on it. Love the pics of the girls . Love you all big kiss for Cora and Violet. Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Oh my goodness, you have REAL cabinets! I think mine were flat back. All looks gorgeous! Look forward to seeing it someday.
(flat pack)
I love the colors you chose -- and the tile. I can "see" it in my mind. Good choice!
Can't wait to see it for reals.
Aunt P
Post a Comment