Monday, October 05, 2009

Telling Cora

Stace, Cora and I headed to the doctor's today for my checkup. I'm now 11 weeks, and all went well with the nurse finding the baby's heartbeat.

We took the opportunity to tell Cora about the baby in Mummy's tummy, and she took the news well. She seemed a bit excited, and then got quiet. I think she understands what's going on; some of her little friends have had new babies join their homes this year.

Stace got a lot of work done this weekend, finishing the baseboards in our room and the spare room. You can see him removing the old baseboards in this photo.

Cora and I made dinner and dessert Sunday - she was quite the helper, standing on a chair next to me. She loved being so close to the action.

Her phrase of the weekend: "I don't think so." She used it often - very often.
Cora also has been putting herself in others' shoes a lot. For instance, while watching Cinderella, when the mice were picking up the beads from the broken necklace, Cora said, "When I was a mouse, I help them pick those up." She says some version of this make-believe at least once a day, often when I'm reading to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cora you have a very good imagination, glad all went well at the Doctor's ,Well done Stace your'e getting on very well with the house Love to you all Take care Big kiss for Cora Mum and dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great to hear all is going well Lisa, and lucky you have such a good helper in Cora.
Good to see you're still working hard on the house Stace.
Love to all
Cougs and Jenny