Friday, August 07, 2009

Our Week

A quick post as we get ready to head down to San Diego - SeaWorld, here we come!

We've had a nice week, having fun and getting a few things done. Most importantly, Sue, my mom and I got some serious relaxing done at Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona. It was a great day, and so nice to have the time together.

While we played, the men worked. Stace took half a day off and he and Gord rebuilt the gate leading to our back yard.
The gate had been a dark metal, older and not very attractive, with a broken latch. We've been using a wire around the posts at the top to keep it closed since we moved in.
I think they did a beautiful job on our new cedar gate, and best of all, we can open and close it properly.

And on the potty-training front, I ordered Cora some cloth trainers (training panties, the reusable version of pull-ups). She was so excited about them! She then, on her own, said, "Bye bye diapers! We'll put them away!"
I recreated the moment a bit for the video below.

Cora wore her training panties the rest of the day, and we used a public toilet once (at Babies R Us), and my parents' toilet twice (we went there for a very nice dinner). She also peed in them once.

Now, we'll be in diapers this weekend while we're away. I should have thought it through a bit more, and not got them out until we came home from San Diego. Oh well.

No comments: