Thursday, November 06, 2008

My, what big leaves you have

Cora found her Thomas the Tank Engine hat the other day and put it on her own head. Well done! We've been without cable television for over a month, but at the library last week we checked out two children's DVDs, including a Thomas DVD. She loves it. Stace and I, meanwhile, have been watching the World War II series by American documentarian Ken Burns. We've also enjoyed the movie Casablanca and the musical South Pacific, so you could say we've been on a WWII kick. It's heavy stuff, and very sobering. Makes you realize you have so little to worry about when you're just concerned with when you're going to close on your new house.
Anyway, back to Cora. The second photo shows her Thursday morning enjoying her cereal. It was a new-to-her cereal and she asked for seconds and thirds. The last photo and video show the joys of fall.
We had some excellent news this week. The bank that owns the house we're buying agreed to put in the appliances we need to for our sale to move forward. (Our lender required a furnace to be in place to give us a loan.) We hope to move in before Thanksgiving.
In other good news, I filled up my tank yesterday for under $30! The fall of the the price of gas has been amazing. From a high of $4.67 (at least that's the highest I paid) to $2.60 now, it's hard to believe.



4 comments:

partridge family said...

great walking cora wait till you get back to england and the leaves are swapped for big muddy puddles

Anonymous said...

I passed a station with gas for 92p/L. Woot!

Also, is that CRISPIX? (Or knowing Lisa, TJ version Crispix?) I LOVE Crispix!

Stace&Lis said...

Partridges - we had rain last weekend and Stace was encouraging Cora to stomp through puddles. She'll probably love it!

JT - Glad to hear they've come down in Somerset too! Surprising! And good guess on TJs - I might have bought it there but it's this one:
http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=587770&prrfnbr=892321&pcgrfnbr=881896

Anonymous said...

That looks good fun Cora, what a great sound they make .oh and love the hat, Love you lots Nan and Pop.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx