Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cute baby, Cora in the leaves

We start today's post with some adorable (I think) photos of our Violet following Stroller Strides on Thursday. It was a gorgeous morning, and my happy little girl enjoyed finding leaves and grass.

I saved these photos to try to post them together with video of three cute things she's been doing a lot lately.
Of course, I then failed to adequately capture these things on video, so I should have just posted the photos last week.

The three things are a) blowing raspberries, b) curling her tongue and saying "oooohh oooh" like a monkey (third photo shows the face), and c) scrunching up her face and breathing quick, so it sounds like "he he he." That's in the last photo of the post, and basically, she's doing the funny face our friend Andy taught Cora when she was 8 months old.

You can also see here that Vi has been practicing standing on her own, with her hands on the ground. I guess she figures she's conquered crawling and sitting up from the lying down position. She also likes to climb to standing when she's next to a stool or small box.

For the past week or so, she's been working on her first tooth, too. You can see it when the light is right, so it's popped through, but isn't super visible yet. It hasn't seemed to give her any trouble yet, and I only discovered it because I periodically check her gums to see if one is coming!

The next photos are from Saturday morning. We all went to Cora's soccer class, and walked from the park to Granary Square for a coffee. On the way back, Cora wanted me to carry her, so I used the Hiphugger carrier that I often use for Violet. It still works for Cora, and she thought it was funny to be in a baby carrier.

On our way back, we found a huge pile of leaves. It's been pretty windy lately, so all the beautiful fall leaves fell and swirled themselves into a deep pile. A pile perfect for wading through and then collapsing into.

2 comments:

-jt- said...

Cute girls. :) I'm feeling a bit jealous of your weather now, though!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics,can't wait to see you all soon. just hope were not snowed in as they say it's coming back the end of this week' Love you all Big kiss for our beautiful girls.xxxxxxxxxxx Mum and Dad