Thursday, April 01, 2010

Cora's a Terrific Tot

Cora started her Terrific Tots preschool program this week!
It's a grand total of four hours a week, so it's not exactly intensive, but I think it will be very good for her at this point, with Duckie coming soon.

It's a parent-participation preschool, so I helped out Tuesday, which was her first day. She did very well for the first 90 minutes, but then ran into some trouble. She fell a couple of times, and was then prone to crying easily.

She cried a lot about not being allowed to play on the swings - because there are more children than adults, the kids have to stay in one area of the playground. In the My Buddy class, the whole park was their playground, since each child had his or her parent there.
I convinced her to not spend the whole outside playtime crying, and added that it might be time to go inside soon. She then said, "If I don't get to play outside, I will cry."

Anyway, today I was a little nervous about dropping her off. I was not nervous about her missing me or having trouble with me not there, oh no. I was nervous about her potentially not listening to the teachers or other parent helpers. Thankfully, when I picked her up, Miss Diane said she had been just fine. She did say that Cora responded with "why?" when she was told to do something or other.

At class today, the kids had an Easter party, with a little egg hunt. While Cora was in class, my friend Melanie came up to visit. She's a teacher on spring break, and we had a nice childless lunch at a new place in town, the Lazy Dog Cafe. We shared lunch and a yummy dessert.

The final photo is from Wednesday. Our weekly library time is over for now, but Genia and I took our Fearless Foursome to Starbucks where a MOPS friend of ours has started doing a small reading time on Wednesdays.

Two recent Coraisms:
Me: Cora, I have one more job for you - I want you to match up the socks so I can fold them. Cora: Not right now, because I'm wearing my princess shoes.

And, this is how Cora sometimes wakes up from her naps -
Me: "Wow, feel that nice, warm, breeze!"
Cora: "NO!!! I WON'T feel it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cora you are soo funny. i'll have to remember that one about the princess shoes when i don't want to do something.Love the easter egg pics , A Very happy easter to you all .Love and kiss ,Nan and Pop xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Lola Belle Connett said...

See from the last blog you're looking really good Lisa.
Nice that you both could get away for some quality time together before the next big event.
I can see the meals in California are not getting any smaller!
Seems like Cora Rose is like her dad in as much as she always has an answer!!
Love to you all
Cougs and Jenny