Monday, March 08, 2010

Another Working Weekend

We spent a busy weekend working around the house.

Stace, with Cora's help, painted Duckie's room a nice yellow color, just a touch more yellow than the color of Cora's first bedroom in our condo. There is a tiny bit of yellow in the girly bedding I got for the baby, and I think it will all look nice together when it's all put together.


Cora actually was very helpful. She's reaching an age where she can really help Stace with projects, and he can do some work with her around even if I'm out running errands. She listened well to Stace's instructions, and put a good amount of paint on the wall. She was very excited to be doing the job, too, and kept saying that Duckie will like her room.

The third photo shows some of her work (and remember, you can click the photo to see it in more detail). On Sunday, Stace painted the ceiling. Now, he only needs to paint the windowsills and reinstall the blinds, and we can get Cora's old furniture moved in.

On Saturday night, Stace and I had a date, and braved the rainy freeways (scary!) to go to IKEA. We bought this little cabinet we put next to Cora's bed. It's serving as a small bookcase and a nightstand, and it goes really well with her new dresser. Cora received some great books for her birthday, books with real paper pages, so I thought it would be good for her to store them in her room rather than the playroom, so her little sister will be (hopefully) less likely to get to them.

Meanwhile, I stayed busy over the weekend going through the bags of clothing we've saved. I got out the stuff the baby will need soon, went through it all, and figured out that we needed some hot weather tiny-baby things. The girls' birthdays will be just a couple of months apart, but that means Duckie will be smaller during our hot-hot-hot summer. This happened to be the weekend of a local consignment sale, so I went on Sunday when most of the items were half-price, and went a little wild. Well, wild by my standards.

I picked up 13 outfits for $18, plus a dressier dress for a July wedding for $5.

I feel a lot better having all the clothes organized! Just need to pick up a couple more under-the-bed storage boxes and it can all be neatly put away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Done Cora, your'e a great help for Daddy and i'm sure Duckie will Love her room . Love you big kiss from Nan and Pop xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx