Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Toys

A few odds and ends from our week...

First, we had some big cardboard boxes after Stace finished the bathroom. I encouraged him to save them for Cora to play with, thinking we could just hand her a box to pretend-play with.
Stace took the idea in a different direction, constructing this train engine with all the boxes.
Cora was very excited the next morning when she found it.

On Wednesday, we had our friends Ave (4 1/2) and Johnny (2 1/2) over to play, and they all enjoyed climbing in and on the train.

Johnny and Cora had a great time with our new train table, too.

We were so excited this past weekend to score this GREAT train table off our local freecycle.org network.

We've received some wonderful, and needed, items from freecycle. (I was thrilled earlier this year to request and receive a charger for my Sonicare electric toothbrush after I fried my charger, meaning I didn't have to buy a whole new unit.)
We've also given away many items, so we didn't have to put things in the garbage that still had life in them.

The next photo shows Stace and Cora with the new bike seat Stace purchased this summer with birthday money from Dean and Jenny.

So far, so good, it works great and Cora had a fun time.

And finally, some football in the garden. The weather's been great this week - hot in the day (duh!) but "only" in the low 90s, and really nice in the evenings, cool enough to enjoy cycling or football. We've been eating on the patio each night.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great photos! I bet Cora is having a wonderful time with her train engine (very impressive) and train table!!!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the train Cora daddy did a brilliant job ,like the train table, it also looks good ,as for the football WELL DONE Cora for scoring a goal. Love you all lots Big big kisses for you ,Nan and Pop .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle said...

That train is sooo cool!! I have never heard of the freerecycle thing either.. that sounds really cool too!