Friday, April 24, 2009

More from class

Cora and I are still enjoying our Mummy and Me class.

In the top photo, she's showing off her cheesy smile at the lego table. During the free play portion last week, she spent the entire time with the legos.

After a story and some songs, the kids do three little art projects - here, she's water-coloring a heart and then finger-painting.


The next photo is from today's class - she spent the free play time in the play kitchen. What a yummy spread, huh?
Doesn't everyone like a nice glass of milk after snacking on a head of lettuce? We worked on sharing the food and kitchen today when another little girl came over to play. At first Cora was trying to push her out of the way by opening the oven door into her leg. But after we went away and had a little chat, Cora did much better.

I'd love to report more good news on the potty front, but alas, Cora has taken a couple of steps back. She will still use the potty successfully every day, but she has been using her diaper for messy jobs nearly every day for the last week.

Oh well, I knew she was quite young to make the switch, but a mom can't help but hope for quick and easy success.

The last photo is the happy ending to a typical Cora-Daddy story. I was out when Cora woke up from her nap, so Stace went in to say hello to her. She said she wanted to stay in her bed and play. Stace had his hands on the crib rail, so Cora tried to forcibly remove them while saying, "Daddy go. Daddy go. Daddy go away."

An hour or two later, while I finished up making dinner, Stace and Cora were in the play room with the Lincoln Logs. Cora noticed that Stace had closed his eyes while he lay on the carpet beside her. She hopped up and jogged into her room, saying, "Dora get Daddy blanket."

I followed, knowing she wouldn't be able to get the blanket out of her crib by herself. I first picked up her pretty quilt blanket and asked if she wanted to take it to Daddy. "No," she said, "this blanket," pointing to her special yellow blanket she sleeps with every day.

She brought it out and covered him up gently, and later went and got the pillow to put under his head. Awwwwww!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A special blanket for a special Daddy ,from a Special Cora Rose.Love you Lots, big kisses from Nan and Pop xxxxxxxxxxxxxx